Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And I'm Back

So sorry for being MIA lately but work/the event completely wiped me out and then my sister came to DC to visit me. I still feel like I haven't had time to get much done even with an extra hour in my day.

I completely missed Pi day...we all know how I feel about making tart and pie crust so I'm not too upset.

But I refuse to miss St. Patties day even if I don't have an Irish bone in my body. So many times there are these big gaudy green St. Patrick's day desserts, not that I don't love green frosting here or there with some green sprinkles but I couldn't get myself to go that route so here is my toned down holiday treat.

Irish Cream Truffles!

They may seem fancy or even difficult to make but I promise these little babies are easy and so good. Chocolate and Irish Cream really should stick together more often.

All you need is some heavy cream, chocolate, and some Bailey's


Could anything with cream, alcohol and chocolate be bad?

Didn't think so.



With a little mixing and heating and then cooling and rolling you get these lovely gems.



Irish Cream Truffles

8oz of chocolate

1/2 heavy cream

1/4 cup Irish Cream

In a saucepan, warm the heavy cream

Melt the chocolate with a double boiler and add warmed heavy cream and Irish cream. Mix until all is incorporated.

Pour into a shallow glass dish and refrigerate for 4 hours or even over night. * The longer you let them set the better, if you're like me and have the patience of a 5 year old then just know your truffles will be a bit melty and gooey. And that is something I can live with.*

Using a melon baller, scoop out hardened chocolate and roll into a ball. Place on parchment paper.

You can roll the truffles in cocoa powder per usual or with chopped nuts or decorate with green white chocolate ganache like me!



It's ok to be drooling now.

I won't judge.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...