Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tis the Season



I am not a big fan of sugar cookies. Sure, they taste fine but I've never felt they were something special.

However, they are the perfect canvas. And tis the season right? So I decided to get to the best part of the holidays, decorating. Cookie decorating.

Since I was bringing these to my internship I didn't want any denominational issues and since they were for a surprise baby shower for someone in the office, they were snow themed and blue because shes having a boy!

I love everything about pastry bags, colored icing, sparkling sugar and delicate dragées.

pa rum pa pum pum



Cookies:

1 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

1 large egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

from Disney's Family Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...