Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm so not Lovin it

Today I did the unthinkable.

I ate fast food at a chain fast food restauarnt.

eeekk

I never do this. I have been off McDonalds, Wendys and Burger King for over 10 years, only going occassionaly when that seems like the last resort or I drank and wasn't thinking clearly at all.

This was such an occasion, last resort occasion that is. My bosses love fast food and they think I'm crazy that I don't regularly eat at such places. I mean don't get me wrong I eat cheeseburgers and fries at other restaurants but never a drive through situation.

Theres just something about these monopolizing giant fast food corporations that rub me the wrong way. I feel like their food isn't always what it appears and its highly processed, frozen, reheated, laden with calories and fat and sold at extremely low prices. I definintely think theres some social responsiblity thats being ignored.

Now I'm not saying that I think the people that eat at said places are wrong in doing so, I think everyone can decide for themselves what they put in their bodies. I just personally choose to not take my business there unless forced. I do have a problem with the fact that many people don't have a choice because they can only really afford these types of meals and these companies feel no need to put out better products with better nutritional value. (Yeah yeah they have oatmeal now and some yogurt salad thing but I don't see them taking over the menu)

Anyway long story short, I got a diet coke and fries. What a silly order. But there was no way I was getting whatever those chicken things are called and or a burger. I could just picture myself writhing in pain on the floor from eating that hockey puck on a bun or those mashed up "chicken" things or the anemic looking salad with fried chicken on top.

I know I know, I eat cookies and cake and other things not so healthy for me but its something about the companies and the fact that since its so big they can't control what happens in each store. If I'm going to eat something bad for me I want to know that the ingredients going into it are better than mediocre.

In better news my boyfriend is saving the day and letting me use his camera so be on the look out for my post tomorrow...there will be buttercream and peanut butter invovled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...