Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blondes Have More Fun

It's been busy for me lately. I finally found an apartment and signed a lease this week! It's been over a month of trying to find a place to live and I can finally breath a sigh of relief.

However, today was a really long day at work. I literally found myself driving around in circles, no really in circles, Dupont circle to be exact. I am terrible with directions and after driving and dropping off items to restaurants for 4 hours I needed a pick me up.

Solution? Blondies of course.

I read Jenna's post on blondies and I have been thinking/dreaming about them since. Tonight was the night.

You can't go wrong with toffee, I adore toffee.


Toffee and cookie dough


Chocolate, toffee, salty baked goodness


Can you really resist?


You should make these now. It could turn your whole day around.


Salted Toffee Blondies:

~adapted from Smitten Kitchen


1 stick butter

1 cup packed dark brown sugar

1 egg

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla extract (or the seeds of one vanilla bean)

1 cup all purpose flour

1/2 cup chopped heath bar

Salt for topping

Cream the butter with the brown sugar until a smooth paste. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Add the salt and flour until all is combined.

Add the health bar pieces!

Bake at 350 in a greased baking pan for 25 minutes.

Add salt to the top and let cool.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS ON FINDING A PLACE!!!!! That is just too darn exciting! Also exciting, are those blondies. Fine I'll bake some tomorrow. No seriously, I'm baking some tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...