Thursday, February 24, 2011

S'more of that

I finally caved in.

My boyfriend has been showing me a Pioneer Woman recipe for puff pastry s'mores for awhile now and each time I shrugged it off and said "sure, I'll make it sometime". Well last night was sometime.

This recipe is really easy. All you need is graham crackers, chocolate, marshmallows, and puff pastry.


I got a little over excited and made these large and in charge things. I found that you have to experiment with shapes and sizes until I found what worked.


I wrapped them up like a little chinese dumpling because he asked me too


The one issue that arose was the fact that these need to bake for 20 minutes, so in that time the marshmallows melt and then seep out the sides of the puff pastry. The end result? Puff pastry with chocolate and graham cracker and no mallow. So to remedy this I added a litlte marshmallow on top like a pat of butter at the end.

I think these would go to a whole new level if nutella were invovled.
Just saying.


They were definitely tasty and I got much praise from the boyfriend, I think he even took some to work today.


Puff Pastry S'mores:

~Adapted from The Pioneer Women


1 box of frozen puff pastry

1 bar of chocolate

1 box graham crackers

1 bag of marshmallows

1 egg

Thaw your puff pastry and roll out until thin. Cut your pastry into whatever shape and or size you would like. Add a "small" or according size of graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallow.

Beat an egg with some water and brush it on to the edges of the pastry. Then close however you would like. Press the edges with a fork to keep them shut.

Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden.

Add extra melted marshmallow on top.

I know, I'm aware my instructions are vague. But just test it out.



I have a bunch of puff pastry dough left so I will have to experiment. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...