Thursday, May 19, 2011

You scream, I scream, We all scream Banana's

I love frozen yogurt. I hope this foodie craze sticks around. Pinkberry, FroZenYo, Mr. Yogato, Yogen Fruz, Red Mango or Sweet Green, I don't care what its called or where its from I l-o-v-e it!

I love the tangy and tartness of the yogurt and the toppings just make it even better.

Don't mind if I have some chocolate and raspberries on my healthful dessert. It's frozen yogurt so I have some wiggle room for chocolate. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.



Unfortunately, I do not have a frozen yogurt dispenser in my apartment, sad I know. It would be so nice to have it on hand whenever a craving strikes. But I do have a mini solution.

Banana Soft Serve!

This stuff has taken the blog world by storm and rightfully so. Gena at Choosing Raw blogged this recipe in 2009 and titled the post "This post will change your life", oh and how it has! This is a raw, vegan, dairy free version of ice cream.

Jeans not fitting like you'd like? But you still love ice cream and would like to feel guilt free about it? No problem.

The only ingredient is frozen bananas. Done and done.



Chop up bananas and freeze.

In food processor add the bananas and blend for 2-3 minutes. The frozen bananas will get all fluffy and airy. Like this! Can you believe these are just bananas?



I topped mine with chocolate chips but the possibilities are endless. Melted peanut butter, caramel, candy pieces, and or berries. I mean really your getting your potassium for the day so why not add a little something something on top.



If you have bananas and a food processor, you should make this now.

And even if you don't really love bananas, like me, you'll probably fall in love with this stuff.


Banana Soft Serve

~from Choosing Raw


Frozen bananas

Instructions:

Add slightly thawed bananas to food processor. Sorry folks a blender will not work for this recipe, strictly a food processors job.

Mix bananas for 2-3 minutes until light, fluffy and resembling soft serve.




I kid you not, this Sh*t is B-A-N-A-N-A-S so you should definitely try it...now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...