Monday, January 10, 2011

Back to the daily grind

I'm back in DC at my job at Food & Friends!

Yes, I realize that writing a blog post while I am at work and my first day back at that seems a bit slacker like but since it is my first day there isn't a ton to do.

I am so happy to be back at this organization. I missed all the people in the office. I mean how many people can say they missed all the people in their office? And that everyone welcomed them with open arms...literally open arms?

This time around I will have a lot of work, responsibilities and the new title of Special Events Assistant. Kiss interning goodbye! Welcome to the working world.

I will definitely keep people updated on the events I am working on and hope that maybe some of you can participate. Right now I am doing follow up for an event called slice of life- a pie selling fundraiser and then will be working on Dining out for life- dine at specific restaurants on March 10th in DC and a % of the restaurants profits will go to Food & Friends.

Okay, it's officially time to get back to work.

Hopefully I will be baking in the coming weeks with more recipes to share but not having a place of my own may prove challenging. Will pay rent in cookies...anyone?

1 comment:

  1. fine you can pay me in cookies...only if i get to help make them. so exciting!!! how fun to work in a place that you love and loves you back!!! that is such a treasure and defnitely makes a huge difference when dedicating your time, energy, and focus to a job. go you! kick butt in DC!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...