Monday, April 4, 2011

Rosemary Parm Oven Fries

After my sundae after work on Friday I decided that maybe something a little lighter would be good. But what to make?

I remembered that my mom had given me a bunch of herbs to bring back to DC with me. At home we grow most of our herbs and use them year round in our food but alas in DC the lighting and temperature and moving from peoples couches for so long wasn't the ideal situation to plant my own. So my mom gave me some fresh rosemary and thyme (if you are singing Simon and Garfunkel in your head now, you're pretty darn cool).

What do I like to make with Rosemary?

Why, rosemary Parmesan oven fries of course!

My mom use to make these healthier fries for us all the time as kids. I now know why, they are easy, they don't take long and they taste great.



Rosemary Parm Fries

1 Idaho potato

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

a block of parmesan cheese

1 clove of garlic

1 teaspoon of chopped fresh rosemary

salt and pepper


Cut the potato length ways into fries and place on a baking sheet.

pour oil over the potatoes and coat evenly.

Chop or mince garlic and put on potatoes.

chop the rosemary roughly and sprinkle over the potatoes

Add salt and pepper to taste

And last but not least grate a generous amount of parm over the top of the potatoes

bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes or until potatoes turn golden brown.



These are great on the side of any kind of burger! But if you're like me they are delightful just as a meal in themselves.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...