Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Girls Night Goodies




This past weekend I was back in PA to see my lovely lady friends Shannon, Adrienne and Amanda. This picture is the most tame one of the night! Nothing like giving a couple of girls some cocktails after a long week and after not seeing each other for a couple months.

Obviously we all awoke with headaches the next day I am sure. I know I did.

Like I've said before, I have a hard time coming to a little shindig empty handed, for example the alcohol we consumed..sorry girls. Wait no I am not! Aside from the alcohol I baked up a little treat involving sugar cookie dough, chocolate and raspberry jam.



I have made these sugar cookies raspberry bars before but adding chocolate into the mix was totally inspired by a conversation I had with Shannon a couple weeks back about some raspberry chocolate crumb bars she made. Thanks for the idea Shan! It really took these bars to a new level.



Two layers of soft sugar cookie with raspberry jam nestled in between. Mmmmmmmmm

I realize I may have a bit of an obsession with raspberry jams and jellies. I confess, I don't really branch out when it comes to other fruit preserves. How can I when raspberries are the perfect balance of tart and sweet?

Ok dramatic raspberry obsession aside, you can really use any jam or jelly type you'd like in this. Skies the limit.

Maybe I'll go crazy and make it with black raspberry jam next time. What? Baby steps people.



Generously topped with chocolate.

Swoon.



Everyone enjoyed one of these decadent bars. They were soft, chewy, sweet and chocolatey, all my favorite things.

You know you want one.



Chocolate Raspberry Bars:

Sugar cookie dough

3/4 cup Raspberry Jam

1 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:

Press 1/2 prepared sugar cookie dough into a 9 X 13 pan and bake in 350 degree for 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned.

Take out of oven and spread raspberry jam evenly on the sugar cookie dough. Place remaining sugar cookie dough in little globs all over the top of the jam. Don't worry the cookie dough will spread and cover the jam. Bake again for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

Let cool. While cooling melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler and spread evenly over the top layer of cookie dough. Let the pan cool. Refrigerate until the top layer of chocolate is hardened.

Cut into squares and enjoy.



We sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...